Another publication to have named its favorite bluegrass albums of the year is CMT Edge.
Writer Craig Shelburne selects 10 albums, some of which other people have chosen and, no doubt, will appear on more lists, while a few are very much on the edge of mainstream bluegrass music.
- Alan Jackson, The Bluegrass Album
- James King, Three Chords and the Truth
- Del McCoury Band, The Streets of Baltimore
- Noam Pikelny, Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe
- Peter Rowan, The Old School
- Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen, On the Edge
- Steep Canyon Rangers, Tell the Ones I Love
- Donna Ulisse, Showin’ My Roots
- Doc Watson, The Definitive Doc Watson
- Westbound Rangers, Gone for Way Too Long
In some of his reviews Shelburne includes a link to an earlier review and a video. In some other instances he provides a link to an interview with the band that was published on CMT Edge.