The International Bluegrass Music Association has opened the submission process for artists wishing to apply for a chance to appear as part of the Bluegrass Ramble showcase performances during the 2015 World of Bluegrass convention this Fall in Raleigh, NC.
As many as 30 artists/bands will be chosen for these highlighted sets occurring at various locations and times during IBMA week. It is a very prestigious selection which identifies each act as up-and-comers, in a position to make the leap to the next level.
Each act chosen to participate will receive at least two opportunities to perform, once in the main convention center, and again at one of the many downtown clubs that host the late night Bluegrass Ramble showcases. There is a $500 processing fee for each selected artist, but a great many benefits accrue as well.
- Complimentary booth space during business conference (value $600+)
- Full conference registration package for performing members of group (value $1000+)
- One organizational membership for group (value $205)
- Featured profile in conference program and on the WOB smart phone app
- Distribution of one mp3 per band on our AirPlay Direct account, providing radio DJ access to showcase band music
- Inclusion of one mp3 on the 2015 Noisetrade/IBMA Bluegrass Ramble compilation. Download the 2014 compilation free.
- Inclusion in the Bluegrass Ramble Spotify playlist, promoted on social media by IBMA
- Priority access to Gig Fair appointments
- Scheduled consultation in advance of events on maximizing showcase opportunities
An application can be submitted online, with a $25 fee required. According to the IBMA web site, the following items must be included, so have them ready:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recording (mp3 format only)
- One Hi-Res artist photo
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
Applications close on February 28 with the artists chosen announced sometime in the Spring. All submissions are reviewed by a jury of experienced bluegrass industry professionals and ranked based on entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal, and quality of work.
The 2015 World of Bluegrass runs September 29-October 1. More details about the process and the Bluegrass Ramble in general can be found online.