The International Bluegrass Music Association is now accepting applications from bands/artists interested in being considered for inclusion in the 2016 Bluegrass Ramble during World of Bluegrass. Selected acts will be featured in two high-profile performance spots during IBMA week in Raleigh (September 27-29), and will receive additional benefits in excess of $2000.
The Bluegrass Ramble package includes:
- Complimentary booth space during business conference
- Full conference registration package for band members
- One organizational membership for group
- Featured profile in conference program and on the WOB smart phone app
- Inclusion of one mp3 on the 2016 Noisetrade/IBMA Bluegrass Ramble compilation.
- Inclusion in the Bluegrass Ramble Spotify playlist, promoted on social media by IBMA
- Priority access to “Gig Fair” appointments
- Scheduled consultation in advance of events on maximizing showcase opportunities
Showcase acts will be chosen from among artists who complete an application by February 28. These applications can be submitted online. A $25 application fee is required at submission, and selected artists will also be subject to a $500 fee prior to World of Bluegrass.
The following will be required to successfully complete an online application:
- Personnel list with email for all members
- Studio recording (MP3 only)
- Hi-Res artist photo
- Artist bio with list of available recordings
- Stage plot (PDF or JPEG)
A great many artists have benefitted greatly from their experience showcasing during World of Bluegrass, as it allows them to strut their stuff before dozens of important decision makers in our industry.
More details can be found online.