Today during their annual World of Bluegrass convention in Raleigh, NC, the IBMA distributed their 2016 Special Awards. These are honors for individuals and organizations who work behind the scenes in the bluegrass music industry, in radio, media, graphic arts, and festival management.
The luncheon reception also included Distinguished Achievement Award presentations to Jim Rooney, Boston Bluegrass Union, and Bill Emerson for the many years they have dedicated to our music.
And the 2016 Special Award winners are:
- Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year – Joe Mullins
- Bluegrass Event of the Year – 44th Annual Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival
- Best Graphic Design for a Recorded Project – Scott McCormick (Ladies & Gentlemen, The Infamous Stringdusters)
- Best Liner Notes for a Recorded Project – Daniel Mullins (The Blues Are Still The Blues, The Traditional Grass)
- Bluegrass Print/Media Person of the Year – Penny Parsons (Foggy Mountain Troubadour: The Life and Music of Curly Seckler)
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year – Donna Ulisse
Congratulations, one and all!