The announcement for the 2016 Best Bluegrass Album at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards was made this afternoon in Los Angeles. This was during the infamous “earlier in the afternoon” ceremony regularly mentioned in the main awards show to be aired on CBS later this evening.
From among the five nominees, the 2016 Bluegrass Grammy goes to:
- The Muscle Shoals Recordings – The Steeldrivers, Rounder
They accepted in person and remembered to thank all the right folks in the allotted time.
Congratulations to The Steeldrivers, and to the other nominees for this year’s Best Bluegrass Album.
- Pocket Full Of Keys – Dale Ann Bradley, Pinecastle Records
- Before The Sun Goes Down – Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley, Compass Records Group
- In Session – Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Mountain Home Music Company
- Man Of Constant Sorrow – Ralph Stanley & Friends, Red River Entertainment
Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn won the Best Folk Album award for their eponymous project.
They were also in the hall and offered a lovely (and adorably cute) acceptance speech.
Well done all!