You might not laugh when you see the list of eminent players involved.
Starting October 25, the New York Banjo Summit will be touring along the US East Coast and in New England. On board will be Béla Fleck, Tony Trischka, Bill Keith, Eric Weissberg, Richie Stearns, and Pete Wernick. Noam Pikelny and Mac Benford will join them for selected dates as well.
The show will highlight a variety of modern banjo styles, from current approaches to pre-bluegrass clawhammer picking, to the most experimental contemporary three-finger sounds. The players will perform solo, in duets, with a an all-star band, and even in a great big banjo clump. Providing accompaniment will be Russ Barenberg on guitar, Jesse Cobb on mandolin, Alex Hargreaves on fiddle, and Corey DiMario on bass.
Tour dates at present include:
- October 25: Keswick Theatre- Philadelphia, PA
- October 26: Grand Opera House – Wilmington, DE
- October 27: Count Basie Theatre – Red Bank, NJ
- October 28: Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts at Pace University – Manhattan, NY
- October 29: McCarter Theatre – Princeton, NJ
- October 30: Birchmere – Alexandria, VA
- November 1: Penn Stat – University Park, PA
- November 2: State Theatre – Ithaca, NY
- November 3: The Egg Performing Arts Center – Albany, NY
- November 4: Bardavon Opera House – Poughkeepsie, NY
There’s a lot of banjo music headed your way.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Winners announced in 2015 Chris Austin Songwriting contest - April 24, 2015
- Tex Logan quite ill - April 24, 2015
- Smoky Mountain Banjo Academy back to Pigeon Forge - April 24, 2015
Category: Bluegrass festival/concert news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.