Keith Lawrence, the esteemed journalist at the Owensboro Messenger-Enquirer, has been writing about bluegrass music for the newspaper since 1985.
They are, as follows …..
10. NewFound Road Live At The Down Home – 13 tracks (Rounder)
9. Blue Highway Sounds of Home – 12 tracks (Rounder)
8. Dale Ann Bradley Somewhere South of Crazy – 12 tracks (Compass Records)
7. Cumberland River The Life We Live – 13 tracks (Rural Rhythm)
6. Grasstowne Kickin’ Up Dust – 12 tracks (Rural Rhythm)
5. Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Drive Time – 7 tracks (Mountain Home)
4. Charlie Sizemore Heartache Looking for a Home – 14 tracks (Rounder)
3. Wildfire Crash Course in the Blues – 12 tracks (Lonesome Day Records)
2. Larry Sparks Almost Home – 12 tracks (Rounder)
1. Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice The Heart of a Song – 13 tracks (Rebel)
More about Lawrence’s selections are available at his Bluegrass Notes blog.
Category: Online resources and features
About the Author (Author Profile)
Richard F. Thompson is a long-standing free-lance writer specialising in bluegrass music topics.
A two-time Editor of British Bluegrass News, he has been seriously interested in bluegrass music since about 1970. As well as contributing to that magazine, he has, in the past 30 plus years, had articles published by Country Music World, International Country Music News, Country Music People, Bluegrass Unlimited, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass music journal) and Bluegrass Europe.
He wrote the annotated series I’m On My Way Back To Old Kentucky, a daily memorial to Bill Monroe that culminated with an acknowledgement of what would have been his 100th birthday, on September 13, 2011.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.