A lot of folks excited about the start of the big Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss tour have been disappointed to see a number of the early dates cancelled or rescheduled. The official word is that “an unforeseen and urgent health concern that requires immediate attention” is the reason why several shows in May are off.
Citing the privacy of the individual involved, no further details have been revealed, though we have learned that this is not an issue with Alison’s voice. That’s good news.
What’s not good news is that someone in the AKUS camp is dealing with an unpleasant Spring surprise, and we hope to hear soon that all is well on that front.
Here is a listing of tour stops that have been cancelled or rescheduled.
- May 1 - Murray, KY – CFSB Center – Rescheduled for May 21
- May 2 – Atlanta, GA – Chastain Park Amphitheatre – Rescheduled for May 17
- May 3 – Knoxville, TN – Thompson-Boling Arena – Rescheduled for July 20
- May 4 – Cary, NC – Koka Booth Amphitheatre – Rescheduled for May 19
- May 6 – St. Augustine, FL – St. Augustine Amphitheatre – Rescheduled for May 18
- May 17 – Birmingham, AL – BJCC – Cancelled
- May 18 – Augusta, GA – James Brown Arena – Cancelled
Tickets for the original show dates will be accepted for the rescheduled concerts. Ticket holders unable to make the new dates can obtain refunds at the point of purchase. Likewise, refunds will be offered for the cancelled dates.
Scheduled appearances May 8-16 will be held as planned. This includes stops in Nashville, Columbus, Roanoke, Huntington, Greensboro, Simpsonville and Daniel Island.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- New Dailey & Vincent projects coming from Cracker Barrel - March 2, 2015
- Country Boy banjo tabs from Greg Cahill - March 2, 2015
- J.D. Crowe capo from Elliott - February 27, 2015
Category: Bluegrass festival/concert news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.