While the rest of the world gushes over Jay-Z, The Black Keys and Kanye West, we’ll save our praise for the all important Best Bluegrass Album category.
And the nominees are…
- The Gospel Side of Dailey & Vincent – Dailey & Vincent
- Life Finds A Way – The Grascals
- Beat The Devil and Carry A Rail – Noam Pikelny
- Scratch Gravel Road – Special Consensus
- Nobody Knows You – Steep Canyon Rangers
Also of potential interest to many bluegrass fans: The Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons are nominated for Best Americana Album; Babel from Mumford & Sons got a nod for Album of the Year; Goat Rodeo Sessions is nominated for Best Folk Album and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical; Stephen Wade’s Banjo Diary is up for Best Album Notes; Modern Mandolin Quartet is nominated in several classical categories for their Americana album (Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance, Best Engineered Album, Classical, Producer of the Year, Classical); and Alison Krauss is nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance with Don Williams for I Just Come Here For The Music.
You can see the complete list of nominees on the Grammy web site.
The awards will be distributed on February 10, 2013 during a live broadcast on CBS at 8:00 p.m. (EST). The categories most of interest to our readers will be announced earlier that afternoon during a live stream online.
Best of luck to all the nominees!
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Winners announced in 2015 Chris Austin Songwriting contest - April 24, 2015
- Tex Logan quite ill - April 24, 2015
- Smoky Mountain Banjo Academy back to Pigeon Forge - April 24, 2015
Category: Miscellaneous bluegrass news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.