The 2014 Grammy nominees were announced on Friday evening. In the midst of the cavalcade of glitzy stars was news of the all-important Best Bluegrass Album.
And the nominees are:
- It’s Just A Road – The Boxcars, Mountain Home
- Brothers Of The Highway – Dailey & Vincent, Rounder
- This World Oft Can Be – Della Mae, Rounder
- Three Chords And The Truth – James King, Rounder
- The Streets Of Baltimore – Del McCoury Band, McCoury Music
Other nominations that may be of interest to bluegrass fans…
Steve Martin and Edie Brickell’s album, Love Has Come For You is nominated for Best Americana Album and the title track for Best American Roots Song.
Sarah Jarosz’s Build Me Up From Bones is tagged for nominations in the Best Folk Album and Best American Roots Song categories.
Doc Watson’s self-titled Vanguard album from 1964 is being inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
Award winners will be announced on January 26, 2014. The more major awards will be distributed during a CBS television broadcast from 8:00-11:30 p.m. These awards described above are announced in an earlier presentation that is typically cybercast online. We were unable to find more details about that program on the Grammy site, but it generally begins at 3:00 p.m. (EST).
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Train That Carried My Girl From Town video from The Earls - August 25, 2016
- John McEuen – Made In Brooklyn - August 25, 2016
- Ernie Thacker hospitalized again - August 25, 2016
Category: Bluegrass Asociations News
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.