The 2014 awards from the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass of America were announced this evening in Nashville as the Grand Finale of their 31st annual National Convention.
Hosts Rarely Herd oversaw trophy distribution in 23 categories amidst performances from several of the nominees.
Winners of the 2014 SPBGMA awards are:
- Preservation Hall Inductee – Rhonda Vincent
- Bluegrass Promoter of the Year – Bertie Sullivan
- Bluegrass Radio Station of the Year – Sirius XM Bluegrass Junction
- Bluegrass DJ of the Year – Kyle Cantrell
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year – Tom T. and Dixie Hall
- Bluegrass Album of the Year – In A Country Town, The Farm Hands
- Bass Fiddle Performer of the Year – Mickey Harris
- Dobro Performer of the Year – Tim Graves
- Guitar Performer of the Year – Josh Williams
- Mandolin Performer of the Year – Danny Roberts
- Banjo Performer of the Year – Sammy Shelor
- Fiddle Performer of the Year – Michael Cleveland
- Female Vocalist of the Year (Contemporary) – Sonya Isaacs
- Female Vocalist of the Year (Traditional) – Dale Ann Bradley
- Male Vocalist of the Year (Contemporary) – Jamie Daley
- Male Vocalist of the Year (Traditional) – James King
- Gospel Group of the Year (Contemporary) – Dailey & Vincent
- Gospel Group of the Year (Traditional) – Paul Williams & Victory Trio
- Vocal Group of the Year – Dailey & Vincent
- Instrumental Group of the Year – Rhonda Vincent & the Rage
- Bluegrass Band of the Year (Overall) – Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice
- Entertaining Group of the Year – Nothin’ Fancy
- Entertainer of the Year – Rhonda Vincent
- Song of the Year – They Called It Music, The Gibson Brothers
Congratulations to all the winners.
Special thanks to Judith Barnett with WBRF in Galax, VA for her assistance in preparing this piece.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Daily & Vincent show launches this weekend - September 4, 2015
- It’s About Tyme – Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out - September 4, 2015
- Hometown to welcome Mountain Faith as conquering heroes - September 4, 2015
Category: Bluegrass Asociations News
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.