Wernick Method Bluegrass Jamming Camp
Taught by Pete Wernick
Monday, April 23-Thursday, April 26 9:15am-5:00pm
Boomer, NC YMCA Camp Harrison
Total tuition $395
– includes lunch and snacks each day, and Camp Harrison fee
– other meals and on-site bunkhouse or tenting or RV accommodations are arranged directly with Camp Harrison
INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED BLUEGRASS CAMP
This camp can be likened to high school/college for bluegrass.
– Be experienced at bluegrass jamming including following guitar chord changes
– Be able to play comfortably in the keys of G and D, and use the chord number system
– Be able to sing in pitch and lead songs (“good voice” not required)
– Be willing / able to fake instrumental solos on most songs in G or D (except basses and rhythm-only guitars).
– If you’re not sure if you qualify, write Pete regarding your skills in these areas.
Students may attend “as a band” for a discount (write Pete for details), or will be placed in small groups (rotated during the camp).
Ensembles meet twice a day, for jamming and/or rehearsing with coaching by experienced Wernick Method staff.
Instrument instruction classes and harmony singing instruction offered daily
Performance opportunities, with performance coaching
Camp performs 2 songs en masse on the Merlefest Cabin Stage to conclude camp
$150 deposit holds your spot while your application is considered. Deposit check will not be cashed unless/until application is accepted.
Attendance limited to 50. Most instruments will be limited to 10 places.
Need-based discounts may be available for players of instruments we’re short of (most often fiddles and basses). Inquire about availability any time after March 1, 2018.
Discounts available for members of bands attending as a band. Write Pete.
Monday, Apr. 23 - Thursday, Apr. 26
Mon. Apr. 23rd: 9am - 5pm
Tue. Apr. 24th: 9am - 5pm
Wed. Apr. 25th: 9pm - 5pm
Thu. Apr. 26th: 9am - 5pm
Boomer, NC – WM Bluegrass Jam Camp with Pete Wernick – begins 4/23/18
7901 S NC Highway 18
Boomer, North Carolina, 28606