Pinecastle has released a new compilation project, Twenty Songs Of The South, which combines a score of previously-released tracks with a southern theme.
It includes memorable numbers from The Osborne Brothers, The Country Gentlemen, Continental Divide, Josh Williams, Kristin Scott benson, Scott Vestal and several others. All were taken from Pinecastle’s deep catalog of bluegrass music.
Here’s the impressive track listing:
- Sweet Sunny South – The Osborne Brothers
- John Henry – Scott Vestal, Jeff Autry, Randy Kohrs, Ron Stewart, Wayne Benson
- Old Southern Porches – Dale Ann Bradley
- When the Roses Bloom in Dixieland – The Osborne Brothers
- East Tennessee Blues – Bobby Osborne & Jesse McReynolds
- A Miner’s Life – Charlie Waller and The Country Gentlemen
- Cold Virginia Rain – Josh William
- Foggy Mountain Breakdown – Scott Vestal, Mike Anglin, Jeff Autry, Wayne Benson, Rob Ickes, Rickie Simpkins
- When I Left Old East Virginia – Continental Divide
- North Carolina Breakdown – Bob & Dana Kogut
- Mayberry North Carolina – The Marty Warburton Band
- Damn Yankee Lad – The Osborne Brothers
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home – Scott Vestal, Jeff Autry, Randy Kohrs, Ron Stewart, Wayne Benson
- No Southern Comfort – Kristin Scott Benson & Josh Williams
- Knoxville Girl – Larry Stephenson
- Jerusalem’s Ridge – Eddie Adcock, Kenny Baker, Josh Graves, Jesse McReynolds
- Alabama – The Osborne Brothers
- Cotton Eyed Joe – David Parmley, Missy Raines, Larry Stephenson
- Sally Goodin’ – Rickie Simpkins
- America the Beautiful – Sonny Osborne
Twenty Songs Of The South is a budget-priced release, selling at $10 for a CD or $8.99 for downloads from the Pinecastle web site.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- New Dailey & Vincent projects coming from Cracker Barrel - March 2, 2015
- Country Boy banjo tabs from Greg Cahill - March 2, 2015
- J.D. Crowe capo from Elliott - February 27, 2015
Category: Bluegrass recording news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.