Callahan, Florida’s Trinity River Band has announced April 22 as the official release date of their upcoming Orange Blossom Records album, Better Than Blue.
Better Than Blue includes songs from Larry Cordle, Mark “Brink” Brinkman, Sarah Pirkle, and Carl Jackson, as well as several band originals. Sarah Harris expresses the band’s excitement about their highly anticipated upcoming release.
“We are so thrilled to be releasing our new album this month! Our goal each time we create a new project is to make it even better than the last, and I believe we have reached that goal again with Better Than Blue.
There are a few surprises on this album, but every song on here is a part of our musical genetics. In a nutshell, this album will serve as a great introduction to the Trinity River Band and our unique sound. We hope you as a listener love what you hear as much as we loved creating it.”
The band has gained quite a bit of momentum following last year’s Today Don’t Look Like Rain. Lead singer and mandolin player, Sarah Harris even garnered a nomination for Vocalist of the Year at IBMA’s Momentum Awards last fall. The band has also found high praise from some real heavyweights following their busy tour schedule and the release of their new single (and the album’s title track), Better Than Blue.
“Love the new single from the Trinity River Band. Sarah Harris is the real deal…she has become one of my favorite new singers. Written by two of my favorite people in Nashville, Larry Cordle and Lisa Shaffer, this song is a perfect fit for Sarah’s powerful voice. The future is extremely bright for the TRB, and I’m one of their biggest fans!” Bradley Walker
“I’ve got a short list of singers whose voices I like to describe as ‘angelic’… Sarah Harris, welcome to the club. Carl Jackson
“Better Than Blue showcases the bands tasteful musicianship and arrangements, but the real standout on this track is Sarah Harris’ lead vocal. She’s poised to be a Female Vocalist of the Year nominee in the not-too-distant future with powerful and soulful chops on display here. I expect great things for this North Florida band in the year to come!” Tim Shelton
In addition to Sarah Harris up front, Trinity River Band is rounded out by her talented siblings, Josh and Brianna, on banjo and fiddle respectively, and parents, Mike and Lisa, on guitar and bass.
The complete track listing for Better Than Blue is as follows.
- Better Than Blue (Larry Cordle and Lisa Shaffer)
- A Sinner’s Prayer (Mark “Brink” Brinkman and Paula Breedlove)
- Jacob’s Ladder (Cal Sweat, Brenda Sweat, and Tony Martin)
- My Heart Will Find It’s Way To You (Sarah Harris)
- Willie and Mary (Irish Traditional)
- Barefoot Breakdown (Mike Harris)
- Pure Poison (Sarah Harris)
- Faithless Heart (Carl Jackson)
- Daddy’s Hands (Holly Dunn)
- Steel and Blood (Mike Harris)
- I’ll Love You Just The Same (Sarah Pirkle)
- Mystery Train (Junior Parker)
Latest posts by Daniel Mullins (see all)
- Crowe, Lawson, & Williams are still Standing Tall and Tough - August 29, 2014
- Album of the Week #37: The Boys From Indiana’s Atlanta Is Burning - August 20, 2014
- #FlashbackFriday – Gettin’ Pumped for Wide Open Bluegrass! - August 15, 2014
Category: Bluegrass recording news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.