On August 18, 1992, the Bass Mountain Boys released their first Pinecastle CD, Carolina Calling Me (PRC 1011).
The 14 tracks were recorded at the Doobie Shea Studios, Ferrum, Virginia, by Steve Dilling [vocals/guitar /banjo], Johnny Ridge [vocals/guitar/fiddle], Mike “Hitman” Wilson [vocals/guitar], Mike Auldridge [vocals/mandolin], Mike Street [vocals/bass] and Kim Gardner [Dobro], with the late Butch Baldassari producing.
The complete track listing is as follows:
- Handsome Molly
- Georgie Buck
- Dying Soldier
- On The Run
- Slippin’ Away
- Just A Memory Away
- Water’s So Cold
- Carolina Calling Me
- My Little Home In Tennessee
- One Way Mind
- Black Mountain Rag
- You Can’t Judge A Book By Its Cover
- Gospel Medley 1: Power In The Blood/Prayer Bells/Walking In Jerusalem
- Gospel Medley 2: Paul And Silas/Just A Little Talk With Jesus/Uncloudy Day
The CD is still available as a digital download.
A two-time Editor of British Bluegrass News, he has been seriously interested in bluegrass music since about 1970. As well as contributing to that magazine, he has, in the past 30 plus years, had articles published by Country Music World, International Country Music News, Country Music People, Bluegrass Unlimited, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass music journal) and Bluegrass Europe.
He wrote the annotated series I'm On My Way Back To Old Kentucky, a daily memorial to Bill Monroe that culminated with an acknowledgement of what would have been his 100th birthday, on September 13, 2011.
Latest posts by Richard Thompson (see all)
- The Story behind the Song – Church in the Wildwood - February 26, 2015
- Bluegrass in Baltimore – The Hard Drivin’ Sound and Its Legacy - February 20, 2015
- Judith McCulloh remembered - February 18, 2015
Category: Bluegrass Today Profiles
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.