This past weekend, bluegrass promoter Norman Adams was presented with a special certificate of recognition from the International Bluegrass Music Association for his 40 years of presenting bluegrass music festivals.
It was in August of 1974 that Adams hosted his first festival in Dahlonega, GA. He says it rained all three days that first year. But it didn’t dampen his enthusiasm for the music, as he now hosts 8 festivals annually.
- North Carolina State Bluegrass Festival
- Fall Palatka Bluegrass Festival
- South Carolina State Bluegrass Festival
- New Year’s Bluegrass Festival
- Palatka Bluegrass Festival
- Little Roy & Lizzy Music Festival
- Cherokee Bluegrass Festival
- Music in the Mountains Bluegrass Festival
IBMA Board member, Cindy Baucom, was on hand on Saturday to make the presentation at the 40th annual North Carolina State Bluegrass Festival.
Congratulations, Norman, and thanks for keeping bluegrass music going strong!
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Traveling Show video from Songs From The Road Band - March 26, 2015
- Steve Gulley CD drops next week - March 26, 2015
- Coal Town Rounders to release How it Used to Be - March 26, 2015
Category: Bluegrass festival/concert news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.