Sim hasn’t decided yet whether it will officially be dubbed the Adam Steffey Model, but that is what it will be no matter what its called. It’s the instrument Adam is playing now with The Dan Tyminski Band and you can have one just like it.
- Solid spruce top
- Premium curly maple back sides and neck
- Side and top fully bound with Ivoroid
- Flat fingerboard with small gauge fret-wire.
- 1” neck width (at the nut) with speed neck
- No fingerboard dots or headstock inlay (except “Daley” logo sat straight in headstock)
- Fingerboard abbreviated to the 18th fret
- Solid black face color with Crimean sunburst back, sides, neck and headstock
- Satin lacquer finish
- Waverly tuners and James tailpiece with nickel hardware
The new Steffey will sell for $8500 and orders placed now can be expected for delivery in 10-12 months.
Sim sent along a number of photos of the mandolin, and of Adam when he first came to pick it up.
Category: Product Announcements
About the Author (Author Profile)
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.