Each had been elected as at-large director earlier this year by the professional membership of the organization.
Newly installed are:
- William Lewis, executive director of PineCone, the Piedmont Council of Traditional Arts in North Carolina
- Elizabeth Wightman with SteelBridge Insurance in Santa Cruz, CA
- Danny Clark, Marketing Director with the International Bluegrass Music Museum in Owensboro, KY
Though it is unlikely to have been at the root of the voting membership’s decision, all three are relatively young people, who will bring the median age of the board down considerably. Here’s hoping that their new perspective will be valuable to IBMA as they approach some big changes in the organization.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Railroaders to Southern Belle - May 26, 2016
- Darned If I Don’t, Danged If I Do with Lorraine and Marty - May 26, 2016
- Alan Bibey Mandolin Camp launches this year - May 26, 2016
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.