Minor incident aboard the Martha White Express

| November 11, 2011 | 2 Comments

Nothing like showing up for a TV bit with a twitchy nose and white powder everywhere.

Rhonda Vincent & the Rage were heading for an live spot on ABC/Fox TV in Dayton, OH this morning when a fire extinguisher went off on the bus.

According to the Queen herself…

“The safety pin had somehow fallen out of the trigger, and when the instruments were removed, a case accidentally hit the trigger and the extinguisher exploded inside the bus, covering everything with the dense powder.

There’s a haze throughout the bus now, making it very hard to breathe with the powder floating through the air. We have all the windows open, and we’ve retreated to the back of the bus until we can get to The Roberts Centre and hope to have a professional crew come in and remove all the residue.”

Rhonda further shared that it is freezing cold in southern Ohio just now, and she is suffering mightily.

Be sure to share your sympathies if you are headed for the Southern Ohio Indoor Music festival this weekend.

And speaking of the festival, our own Daniel Mullins will be there all weekend, and promises photos and reports from the stage – including a special Veteran’s Day tribute this evening where Bobby Osborne will receive an award from the state of Ohio for his Korean War service.

John Lawless

John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.

Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)

Tags: ,

Category: Bluegrass band news