Today, August 28, is the last day to enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to IBMA’s Wide Open Bluegrass festival in Raleigh, NC, along with hotel accommodations and $500 in travel expenses.
The giveaway is sponsored by Visit Raleigh, the convention and visitors bureau for the city, and the folks that worked for years to bring the big IBMA World of Bluegrass convention to town. They also were an immense help in promoting the initial conference in Raleigh last year, and set up the free downtown music, arts, crafts and food festival that runs simultaneously with Wide Open Bluegrass’ ticketed activities.
Valued at roughly $1000, the prize package contains everything you need for a fun bluegrass weekend in Raleigh:
- One (1) two-night (Oct. 3-4, 2014) hotel accommodation at a Raleigh hotel
- Two (2) general admission tickets to PNC presents Wide Open Bluegrass shows on Oct. 3-4, 2014, in Raleigh’s Red Hat Amphitheater
- Two (2) access wristbands to the 2014 Wide Open Bluegrass VIP tent
- One (1) $500 gift card to defray transportation costs
- One (1) $25 gift card to a downtown Raleigh restaurant
- Two (2) official Wide Open Bluegrass T-shirts
The contest is open to US residents 18 years and older (void where prohibited). August 28 is the last day for registration, and a winner will be announced on the 29th.
What are you waiting for – enter today!
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Stuart Duncan live at the HOF - October 31, 2014
- For The Sake of the Sound video from Front Country - October 31, 2014
- The Day The Banjo Dies from Roni Stoneman - October 30, 2014
Category: Miscellaneous bluegrass news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.