This entire season is taken from performances shot during the 2012 Fan Fest in Nashville during the IBMA World of Bluegrass, marking the first time in the show’s 15 years that it was shot outside of the Bluegrass State.
There will be 20 new episodes airing each Tuesday and Saturday, starting the week of June 4 on public television throughout Kentucky. Tuesday shows are at 8:00 p.m. (ET) on the main KET network, rebroadcasting Saturdays at 11:00 (ET) on KET2.
For folks outside of Kentucky, each new episode will be available for online viewing at ket.org within 24 hours of its initial airing.
Here’s a video preview they created for this year’s shows.
Jubilee producer Nick Helton says that he is pleased with the 2013 season.
“We were thrilled to take our Jubilee production to the IBMA Fan Fest event last fall, and it was extra special being the first time those performances were recorded for broadcast. It was two amazing days filled with great music and will make one of the best Jubilee seasons we’ve ever had.”
The 2013 episode schedule follows:
- June 4 – Bobby Osborne & Rocky Top Express, The Del McCoury Band.
- June 11 – Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers.
- June 18 – Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, The Ramblin’ Rooks.
- June 25 – The Boxcars, Skip Cherryholmes Quintet, The Chapmans.
- July 2 – The Steep Canyon Rangers, Sleep Man Banjo Boys.
- July 9 – Della Mae, Dale Ann Bradley, Laurie Lewis and the Right Hands.
- July 16 – J. D. Crowe & The New South, Audie Blaylock and Redline.
- July 23 – The Roys, Darin & Brooke Aldridge, The Bankesters.
- July 30 – Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper, Jacie Sites, Kids on Bluegrass.
- August 6 – Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice, Blue Highway.
- August 13 – The SteelDrivers, Clay Hess Band.
- August 20 – Marty Raybon and Full Circle, Lonesome River Band.
- August 27 -Larry Cordle and Lonesome Standard Time, Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers.
- September 3 – Jim Lauderdale, The Grascals, The Spinney Brothers.
- September 10 – The Darrell Webb Band, Newtown, Jesse McReynolds and The Virginia Boys Reunion.
- September 17 – Sierra Hull, Balsam Range.
- September 24 – Josh Williams Band, Charlie Sizemore.
- October 1 – The Hillbenders, Donna Ulisse and The Poor Mountain Boys.
- October 8 – The Best of the 2012 IBMA Fan Fest (part 1).
- October 15 – Best of the 2012 IBMA Fan Fest (part 2).
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Train That Carried My Girl From Town video from The Earls - August 25, 2016
- John McEuen – Made In Brooklyn - August 25, 2016
- Ernie Thacker hospitalized again - August 25, 2016
Category: Bluegrass television news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.