Rounder Records has announced a September 30 release for Three Chords And The Truth, a country music tribute project from James King.
Fear not, traditional bluegrass fans; the Bluegrass Storyteller isn’t going country. But he has picked a dozen favorites from the classic country catalog for hard-edged bluegrass treatment on the upcoming album. Included are songs popularized by Hank Williams, Don Gibson, Jim Reeves, Cal Smith, Waylon Jennings and Harlan Howard.
Assisting were Josh Williams on guitar, Ron Stewart on banjo, Jesse Brock on mandolin, Jason Moore on bass, and Jimmy Mattingly on fiddle. Dudley Connell and Don Rigsby handled the harmony vocals.
A full track listing follows:
- The Devil’s Train
- Jason’s Farm
- Chiseled In Stone
- Highway To Nowhere
- Talkin’ To The Wall
- He Stopped Loving Her Today
- Blue Blue Day
- Riding With Private Malone
- Things Have Gone To Pieces
- Sunday Morning Christian
- Shadows Of My Mind
- Old Five And Dimers
There are no audio samples available yet, but you can expect them before long. This should be a keeper for fans of the old time bluegrass sound.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Daily & Vincent show launches this weekend - September 4, 2015
- It’s About Tyme – Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out - September 4, 2015
- Hometown to welcome Mountain Faith as conquering heroes - September 4, 2015
Category: Bluegrass recording news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.