Bluegrass on the Court House Square in Indianola, Iowa is a long-running Tuesday evening event where folks in Warren County can listen to music free of charge during the summer months. Before this year’s series ends, they will host their 194th concert, mostly featuring regional bluegrass acts.
But next Tuesday, June 24, there will be big doin’s at Bluegrass Tuesdays. The Grascals will be on hand to perform as the first annual Iowa Music Hall of Fame inductees are celebrated.
The following will be so honored:
- Bill and Charlie Monroe – who spent time performing in Iowa radio stations
- Bob Black – long time Iowa banjo picker and member of Bill Monroe’s Blue Grass Boys
- Uncle Billy Dunbar – long time Iowa bluegrass radio host, festival MC, co-founder of the Bluegrass Music Association of Iowa, and one of its past presidents
- Kirk Brandenberger – noted fiddler and former operator of Prime Cuts of Bluegrass
- Chuck Stearman – founder of the Society for the Preservation Bluegrass Music of America
- Bob Nible – bass player for the Warren County String Ticklers, an early bluegrass band in Iowa, and an early festival promoter in Iowa
- John Purk – long time Iowa mandolinist
- Linzy Martin – MC of Iowa state bluegrass festival
- Al Murphy – long time Iowa fiddler
Congratulations to the 2014 inductees, and hats off to Jim Johnson with Bluegrass Tuesday.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Ash Breeze wins 2015 KSMU Youth in Bluegrass Band Contest - May 27, 2015
- KCTM bluegrass band bound for China - May 27, 2015
- Canaan’s Crossing 15th Anniversary reunion - May 26, 2015
Category: Bluegrass festival/concert news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.