The intensive, three-day program, which was hosted at BMI, and Bone McAllester Norton PLLC in Nashville, Tennessee, and took place from Thursday through to Saturday, March 7-9, focused on interactive learning and networking experiences that invited the participants to examine the challenges and opportunities facing the bluegrass music industry, along with leadership development issues.
The facilitator was Trisha Tubbs.
Freelance writer and Bluegrass Today journalist Shannon Turner, a Leadership Bluegrass 2013 graduate, said she will always value being a part of the class. “Leadership Bluegrass is an invaluable program of learning, growth, and even transformation. You leave with a renewed energy and determination to spread the gospel of bluegrass music,” Turner said. The Bluegrass Situation’s Amy Reitnouer, who was also a participant agreed, saying, “I was awed by the fellow classmates, network of alumni, and incredible presenters.”
The full list of graduates is as follows ….
- Darin Aldridge; Darin and Brooke Aldridge; Cherryville, North Carolina
- Melissa Armstrong; Detour; Sand Lake, Michigan
- Andrea Ball; Make Welcome Entertainment; Washington, DC
- Katherine Coe; IBMA; Nashville, Tennessee
- Jeremy Darrow; The Erin McDermott Band/Freelance Musician; Nashville, Tennessee
- John DeMarce; DC Bluegrass Union; Washington, DC
- Susie Glaze; Hilonesome Music, Susie Glaze & the Hilonesome Band; Burbank, California
- KC Groves; Artist & Composer; Lyons, Colorado
- Kayla Hotte; Kayla Hotte & her Rodeo Pals; Ardrossan, Alberta, Canada
- Caroline Isachsen; Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival; Delmar, New York
- Steven Johnson; MerleFest; Wilkesboro, North Carolina
- Lori King; Bluegrass Music Association of Iowa; Drakesville, Iowa
- Jordan Laney; Appalachian State University; Vilas, North Carolina
- Ron Murphy; Muddy River Band; Wilmington, Ohio
- Amy Reitnouer; The Bluegrass Situation; Los Angeles, California
- Carolyn Routh; Nu-Blu, Red Squared Audio; Siler City; North Carolina
- Sheila Selby; Boston Bluegrass Union; Brookline, Massachusetts
- Carly Smith; International Bluegrass Music Museum; Owensboro, Kentucky
- Erin Stamper; WAMU’s Bluegrass Country; Washington, DC
- Shannon Turner; Freelance writer/journalist; Hermitage, Tennessee
- Missy Werner; Missy Werner Band; Liberty Township, Ohio
- Jill Wiese; Bluegrass Association of North Dakota; Washburn, North Dakota
- Kristi Wilcox; Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP; Nashville, Tennessee
- Courtney Worthen; PineCone – The Piedmont Council of Traditional Music; Raleigh, North Carolina
This year’s program was the 14th year of Leadership Bluegrass, which now boasts over 300 alumni.
Category: Bluegrass Asociations News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Richard F. Thompson is a long-standing free-lance writer specialising in bluegrass music topics.
A two-time Editor of British Bluegrass News, he has been seriously interested in bluegrass music since about 1970. As well as contributing to that magazine, he has, in the past 30 plus years, had articles published by Country Music World, International Country Music News, Country Music People, Bluegrass Unlimited, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass music journal) and Bluegrass Europe.
He wrote the annotated series I’m On My Way Back To Old Kentucky, a daily memorial to Bill Monroe that culminated with an acknowledgement of what would have been his 100th birthday, on September 13, 2011.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.