Darren Nicholson, mandolinist with Balsam Range, has a new solo project to start 2014.
Things Left Undone finds Darren with some of the top names in bluegrass on 12 tracks of new and classic bluegrass, and a pair of bonus tracks with his own Darren Nicholson Band. Assisting are Rhonda Vincent, Carl Jackson, Tim Surrett, John Driskill Hopkins, Audie Blaylock, Aaron Ramsey, Steve Thomas and many others.
The Darren Nicholson Band is a group of old friends who perform together as their various commitments allow, which is less and less often given Balsam Range’ touring schedule. It consists of Steve Sutton on banjo, Kevin Sluter on bass and Griff Martin on guitar.
A complete track listing follows:
- Things Left Undone (Paul Thorn, William Maddox)
- Durango (Shawn Camp, Guy Clark)
- I’m Not Going There Today (Josh Matheny, Charlie Worsham, Donny Fallgatter)
- Dancin’ In The Kitchen (Ashley Caudill)
- Bluegrass Stomp (Bill Monroe)
- Like My Dog (Harley Allen, Scotty Emerick)
- Give Mother My Crown (Walter Bailes)
- Sugar Creek Gap (Darren Nicholson)
- In A Perfect World (Milan Miller)
- Traveling Teardrop Blues (Shawn Camp, Herb McCullough)
Bonus Tracks (Featuring The Darren Nicholson Band)
- Way I’ve Always Been (Tom T. Hall)
- Can’t You See (Toy Caldwell)
Nicholson has posted audio from the title track on Soundcloud.
Things Left Undone is available now on CD at Darren’s web site. It will up soon in iTunes and Airplay Direct.
Look for Nicholson and his band in North Carolina performing in support of the album.
- 1/31/14 Burnsville Town Center – Burnsville NC
- 2/28/14 Madison County Arts Council – Marshall NC
We’ll have a review of the full project soon.
Category: Bluegrass recording news
About the Author (Author Profile)
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.