These awards are given by the Gospel Music Association in 43 categories of Christian, Gospel and Worship music released during the eligibility period November 1, 2008 through October 31, 2009. Among these many categories are two specific to bluegrass, where you will spot a number of familiar names.
Bluegrass Recorded Song of the Year
- I Heard My Savior Calling Me – Destination Life, Rhonda Vincent (Rounder)
- On The Other Side – Brothers From Different Mothers, Dailey & Vincent (Rounder)
- This World Is Not My Home – Solo: Songs My Dad Loved, Ricky Skaggs (Skaggs Family)
- When We Fly – Breaking Like Dawn, Little Roy Lewis & Lizzy Long
- Working On A Building – Mountain Soul II, Patty Loveless (Saguaro Road)
Bluegrass Album Of The Year
- Blue Ridge Mtn. Memories – The Marksmen Quartet (Rural Rhythm)
- Breaking Like Dawn – Little Roy Lewis & Lizzy Long; Kevin Ward, Lizzy Long producers (Vine)
- I Have Been Blessed - The Far City Boys; Kevin Street, Aaron Ramsey, Dave Moody producers (Lamon)
- I Just Want To Thank You Lord - Larry Sparks, (Rural Rhythm)
- Lord Bless This House – Nothin Fancy; Darin Vincent producer (Pinecastle)
- The Isaacs….Naturally – The Isaacs; Bill Gaither, Ben Isaacs producers (Gaither Music Group)
The winners will be determined by a vote among the members of the GMA. A full list of nominees can be found on the organization’s web site.
Congratulations to all the nominees!
About the Author (Author Profile)
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.