The IBMA award winners were named last night, Thursday (September 26). The bare facts are ………..
- Entertainer of the Year: The Gibson Brothers
- Vocal Group: The Gibson Brothers
- Instrumental Group: The Boxcars
- Song of the Year: They Called It Music, The Gibson Brothers, written by Eric Gibson and Joe Newberry
- Album of the Year: Papertown, Balsam Range
- Gospel Recorded Performance: Beulah Land, Marty Raybon
- Instrumental Recorded Performance: Foggy Mountain Rock, Tom Adams, Dan Tyminski, Ron Stewart, Dennis Crouch, Clay Hess and Randy Kohrs
- Recorded Event of the Year: What’ll I Do,
- Terry Baucom with Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Wyatt Rice, Steve Bryant and Buddy Melton
- Emerging Artist: Della Mae
- Male Vocalist: Junior Sisk
- Female Vocalist: Claire Lynch
- Banjo Performer: Mike Munford
- Bass Performer: Barry Bales
- Fiddle Performer: Jason Carter
- Dobro Performer: Rob Ickes
- Guitar Performer: Bryan Sutton
- Mandolin Performer: Adam Steffey
Congratulations to all winners, particularly those bagging a trophy for the first time.
Category: IBMA 2013
Sites That Link to this Post
- And the IBMA Winners are …… | Aco... | September 27, 2013
- Saturday News Roundup #190 | SouthernGospelBlog.com | September 28, 2013
About the Author (Author Profile)
Richard F. Thompson is a long-standing free-lance writer specialising in bluegrass music topics.
A two-time Editor of British Bluegrass News, he has been seriously interested in bluegrass music since about 1970. As well as contributing to that magazine, he has, in the past 30 plus years, had articles published by Country Music World, International Country Music News, Country Music People, Bluegrass Unlimited, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass music journal) and Bluegrass Europe.
He wrote the annotated series I’m On My Way Back To Old Kentucky, a daily memorial to Bill Monroe that culminated with an acknowledgement of what would have been his 100th birthday, on September 13, 2011.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.