ATO Records has announced November 5th as the official release date for Divided & United, a two-disc set commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. This hearty thirty-two song collection features the best in American music. Drawing from country, bluegrass, and Americana music, this has been one of the most-anticipated albums of the year in roots music.
Many of bluegrass’ best are included on Divided & United, such as Ralph Stanley, Chris Thile, Ricky Skaggs, Del McCoury, Bryan Sutton, Chris Stapleton, Noam Pikelny, David Grisman, and more. Country icons including Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton also appear on the album, as well as Americana stars such as Old Crow Medicine Show and Shovels & Rope.
The complete track listing is as follows:
- Take Your Gun and Go, John – Loretta Lynn
- Lorena – Del McCoury
- Wildwood Flower – Sam Amidon
- Hell’s Broke Loose In Georgia – Bryan Sutton
- Two Soldiers – Ricky Skaggs
- Marching Through Georgia – Old Crow Medicine Show
- Dear Old Flag – Vince Gill
- Just Before the Battle, Mother/ Farewell, Mother – Steve Earle and Dirk Powell
- The Fall Of Charleston – Shovels & Rope
- Tenting on the Old Campground – John Doe
- Day Of Liberty – Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Richmond Is a Hard Road to Travel – Chris Thile and Michael Daves
- Two Brothers – Chris Stapleton
- The Faded Coat Of Blue – Norman Blake, Nancy Blake and James Bryan
- Listen to the Mockingbird – Stuart Duncan feat. Dolly Parton
- Kingdom Come – Pokey Lafarge
- Rebel Soldier – Jamey Johnson
- The Legend of the Rebel Soldier – Lee Ann Womack
- The Mermaid Song – Jorma Kaukonen
- Dixie – Karen Elson with Secret Sisters
- The Vacant Chair – Ralph Stanley
- Hard Times – Chris Hillman
- Down By the Riverside – Taj Mahal
- Old Folks at Home/ The Girl I Left Behind Me – Noam Pikelny & David Grisman
- Secesh – The Tennessee Mafia Jug Band
- The Battle of Antietam – T Bone Burnett
- Pretty Saro – Ashley Monroe
- Aura Lee – Joe Henry
- Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier – AA Bondy
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home – Angel Snow
- Battle Cry of Freedom – Bryan Sutton
- Beautiful Dreamer – Cowboy Jack Clement
This is bound to be one of the most successful roots albums of the year. Be sure to keep an eye out for this one.
Category: Bluegrass recording news
About the Author (Author Profile)
Daniel is from southwestern Ohio and has been around bluegrass his entire life. He manages the Classic Country Connection, a music store in southern Ohio which specializes in bluegrass, classic country, and gospel music. He is the host of the Bending The Strings radio program, which plays a variety of bluegrass, newgrass, and Americana music. He also maintains the website for Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.