The International Bluegrass Music Association wasn’t the only organization in Nashville announcing major awards nominations yesterday. The Gospel Music Association also hosted a press conference to releases the nominees for their 45th Annual Dove Awards.
Doves are distributed among various sectors of American Gospel and Christian music, with a pair of categories especially for bluegrass.
And those nominees are:
Bluegrass Song of the Year
- Daniel Prayed – The Isaacs, (writer) G.T. Speer
- If These Old Walls Could Talk – Wilburn & Wilburn, (writers) Dianne Wilkerson, Jerry Salley
- Lord, In The Morning – The Little Roy & Lizzy Show, (writers) Don Eidman
- Revelation Song – Chigger Hill Boys & Terri (writer) Jennie Lee Riddle
- Won’t It Be Wonderful There – Dailey & Vincent, (writer) Mildred Johnson
Bluegrass Album of the Year
- Every Mile – Nathan Stanley, (producers) Terry Thompson, Nathan Stanley, Rhonda Thompson
- Healed – Locust Ridge, (producer) Steve Gulley
- I’d Do It All Over Again – Easter Brothers, (producers) Jared Easter, Steve Schramm, Gerald Crabb
- The Living Years – The Isaacs, (producers) Ben Isaacs, Bill Gaither
- Through It All – The Harper Family, (producer) Tim Surrett
Congratulations and best wishes to these nominees as well.
The Doves will be awarded on October 7 at the Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Valerie Smith sampler video for Small Town Heroes - July 28, 2016
- Bill & Kathy Evans Family Benefit at Freight & Salvage - July 28, 2016
- Ray Cardwell & Tennessee Moon debuts tonight - July 28, 2016
Category: Bluegrass Asociations News
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.