This honor, which debuted during last year’s convention, is meant to bring attention to artists and business people in the early stages of their career, and more experienced members of the community who are helping bring new artists along. IBMA doesn’t specifically limit Momentum Awards to younger artists, though the winners tend in that direction by the nature of the award.
The 2013 Momentum Award Winners are:
- Instrumentalist of the Year: Chris Luquette
- Vocalist of the Year: Robert Greer
- Band of the Year: Town Mountain
- New Festival or Venue of the Year: Bluegrass on the Plains
- Industry Involvement of the Year: Danny Clark
- Mentor of the Year: Denise Stiff
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Moving day for IBMA - May 24, 2016
- Repost: James King interview from 2014 - May 24, 2016
- Della Mae going hard this summer, then taking a break - May 24, 2016
Category: IBMA 2013
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.