This honor, which debuted during last year’s convention, is meant to bring attention to artists and business people in the early stages of their career, and more experienced members of the community who are helping bring new artists along. IBMA doesn’t specifically limit Momentum Awards to younger artists, though the winners tend in that direction by the nature of the award.
The 2013 Momentum Award Winners are:
- Instrumentalist of the Year: Chris Luquette
- Vocalist of the Year: Robert Greer
- Band of the Year: Town Mountain
- New Festival or Venue of the Year: Bluegrass on the Plains
- Industry Involvement of the Year: Danny Clark
- Mentor of the Year: Denise Stiff
Category: IBMA 2013
Sites That Link to this Post
- 2013 IBMA Momentum Award winners | Acoustic Gui... | September 25, 2013
About the Author (Author Profile)
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.